The Arctic Data Centre (ADC) is working towards a distributed data management framework, in line with the activities of the combined SAON/IASC Arctic Data Committee. In order to publish your data in ADC, some background information is provided in this page. Further information will provided in sub pages.
On a general basis the process has the following steps:
- Produce your data
- Document your data
- Do it right from the beginning
- Share your data
- Make it available through application servers offering interoperability interfaces (e.g. THREDDS)
- Update documentation
- Ingest metadata in the catalog
The fast lane
- Document and format your data using NetCDF following the CF convention and using ACDD for discovery elements (links below).
- Remember to add GCMD Science keywords (online resource further down) for the keywords attribute.
- Contact (email@example.com) to initiate the process of publishing data
- Release of new human frontend and metadata harvesting backend.
- Enable support for PIDs/DOIs
- Upload and configuration service for THREDDS