Documentation of data
- Automatic extraction of discovery metadata from NetCDF/CF files adhering to the Attribute Convention for Data Discovery using ncdigest
- A metadata editor providing information in MMD format.
- This is currently only available inhouse, but will be integrated in the next portal solution to be deployed within 2017.
Hosting of data
- Primarily for activities within the Norwegian Meteorological Institute, but relevant dataset from other data owners may also be handled following a request.
- Data hosted should as a general rule be shared with all users of ADC, although exceptions may be discussed.
- When data are hosted on disk, the purpose is to make them available to users using standardised metadata and data exchange protocols.
- Data should preferably be in NetCDF following the Climate and Forecast Convention v 1.6 or higher.
- Data should preferably have discovery metadata embedded following the Attribute Conventions Dataset Disovery.
- Data can be hosted on NIRD (NorStore) and made available through ADC.
Sharing of data
- Data are made available through a THREDDS Data Server if hosted locally.
- Data can be hosted elsewhere and made searchable in the catalogue provided correct dscovery metadata are available.
- Accepted formats are
- Metadata can be harvested from other catalogues if in the formats above and served through OAI-PMH.
- The preferred interfaces to data (where most functionality can be provided) are
- OGC WMS
- Human and machine (OAI-PMH) interfaces.